THE SPOOKTOBER 2019 WRITING CONTEST
THE WINNER WAS INGER GRAY AND HER SHORT STORY "GLUE". READ IT BELOW AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO PARTICIPATED THIS YEAR. NEXT YEAR IS OUR "SHOCKTOBER WRITING CONTEST" SO WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!
The 2019 Spooktober Short Story writing contest has begun!!! This year we have upped the prize to a $50.00 gift card!
The winner will be crowned by the readers. After the voting is polled in November, only the first four stories will be shown on the website.
To vote on your favorites story, click the "Author" choice button on the voting pad and click the "VOTE" button at the bottom. Please enter an email address before you vote so you can receive a poll update. Your email will not be given out to a third party or added to any list. The story with the most votes by October 31st will be crowned the winner! (YOU CAN VOTE ONCE PER DAY)
Rules for Authors:
1) You story must be centered around horror, fantasy, macabre, lore, hauntings, spooky stories, ghosts, demons, witches, murder, blood-curdling screams, or anything that is scary or makes one's skin crawl. It does not have to be of the Halloween genre itself. Make us shiver with your imagination. The more twisted the better!!!
(We do accept stories that have previously been published)
2) The story must be 5,000 to 10,000 words in length.
3) Please use Calibri 12 font submitted in either a .doc or PDF format.
4) You may include pictures if you wish
5) Please make sure the title of your story is at least 24 font size or above
6) Your story may be submitted from October 1st through October 31st at midnight
7) For any questions and/or to submit your story, please use this Email by clicking on this link: Halloween Story Submission attn: Jackie
8) For examples on how the stories will be laid out, please see submission boxes below. Thank you and good luck!
ONCE A WINNER HAS BEEN CROWNED, WE SHALL PLACE YOUR SHORT STORY RIGHT HERE ON THIS PAGE, ON OUR MAIN PAGE, AND OUR FACEBOOK PAGES.
YOUR PRIZES, AN AWARD BADGE (2ND AND 3RD RUNNERS UP WILL ALSO RECEIVE A BADGE), A SET OF CG BLADE NOVELS (YOUR CHOICE OF MATTE OR GLOSSY. OUTSIDE OF THE CONTINENTAL U.S. EBOOKS WILL BE GIVEN OUT) AND A $50.00 GIFT CARD FOR THE WINNING STORY!
SUBMISSION FOUR: JACK KREGAS